Reconnecting with goddess the goddess within as I live, learn, and love. Life presents many tests and trials we can’t let them bring us down. We have to take it as a learning experience and build our inner strengths in times of adversity. Writing helps me to connect. My posts come from my heart. I do it to clear my mind. In the process if it helps someone else who may be facing similar issues I am even more grateful. I guess in a way it allows me to live up to my birth name, Monique – advisor.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pound for Pound

In 2005 after being forced to resign from my insurance job due to health complications that were stemming from and complicated by my weight. I was suffering with low back pain, hip pain, lymphedema in both legs, depression, and more. I decided it was time to do something about it. My life was passing me by and my family was missing out so much because there wasn't much I could do. I had tried to lose weight other times before trying various diets but I never succeeded. I joined Weight Watcher's and the local gym and I lost 25lbs. I was so excited.


Over the years I would lose and then stop and then start again. I wasn't always fully committed to losing weight though I never gained all of my weight back. As of today I have lost 78lbs. One pound counts towards my pledge to the Pound for Pound Challenge. I will be giving tips on how I'm making it happen. I love to share my story because once I met a doctor who told me surgery was my only option. Every pound I lose I am proving him wrong and loving it.



I pledged 50lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment